Three Fun Facts about Los Angeles
- The Port of LA has been the busiest container port in the United States (by volume) since 2000. Most container-exports leaving the Port of LA house paper products, pet and animal feed, fabrics, fruits and vegetables, and synthetic resins. The major containers arriving at the Port of LA include: furniture, toys, apparel, sporting goods, vehicles and parts, and electronic products.
- Spending associated with hosting the 2028 Olympics will be approximately $5.3 billion.
- The Greater Los Angeles Area boasts 11 major league professional teams: Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Angels, Chargers, Clippers, Dodgers, Football Club, LA Galaxy, Kings, Lakers, Sparks, and Rams.
LA Business Community
For generations, the world has seen Los Angeles emerge as one of the most diverse and forward-thinking cities in history. With name recognition around the globe, the city is known for new ideas and a breathtaking landscape made famous by mountains, beaches, sunny skies and celebrities. But LA business is built on far more than the entertainment industry, alone.
Los Angeles Chamber
The LA Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of some 235k businesses from 35 industry sectors across the county and boasts a membership role of 1,650. The Chamber supports seven public policy committees and three industry councils. Each year, the Chamber leads hundreds of business leaders to Los Angeles City Hall, Sacramento and Washington, D.C. to advocate for a strong economy and desirable living environment throughout the L.A. region.
Small Business Development
Committed to the success of small businesses, the Los Angeles Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a federally-funded resource that provides business owners with assistance in business planning, management, marketing, sales, procurement, and strategic planning, as well as access to financing.
Garuda Promo Ties into the LA Business Community
Garuda Promo & Branding Solutions was established in Los Angeles Mid-Wilshire district in 2003. We have been a member of Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce for five years. Swire is the co-chair of the monthly referral network meeting and is one of the chamber ambassadors, maintaining active involvement in small business trends and development in the area. Since we are headquartered in Los Angeles, we are close to the port of LA, which is where overseas cargo shipments arrive. We are also close to Ontario Airport, which is the West Coast for FedEx & UPS.
Current LA Small Business Certifications:
- City of LA Small Local Business Enterprises (SLBE)
- City of LA Minority Business Enterprises (MBE)
- City of LA Women Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Los Angeles County Local Small Business Enterprise (LSBE)
About Garuda Promo & Branding Solutions
Led by a team of skilled professionals with years of experience in promotional items and advertising specialties, Garuda features a sourcing platform which includes more than 3,500 vendor partners. We offer manufacturing capabilities that cover any custom products imaginable. We serve companies large and small, with a mission to market our clients’ businesses with fun, out-of-the-box promotional products. Our experience enables us to imprint many promotional products right here in Los Angeles! Our policy of being on time, reliable and solving crises will help take your company to the next level. For holiday gift ideas or more information, call today (323) 379-4887 or contact us online.